Thursday, February 22, 2018

1895 Staircase Showstopper

The stairway of our 1895 house is a showstopper.

Somehow, the wood has escaped paint for over 120 years.
The exterior of the house has over 50 acorns, and
the staircase carries this design over with the 3 acorn finials.

Pair of gorgeous carved brackets, each with acorn on bottom.

The side of the stairs also has a curved leafy motif.

Had our handyman Michael making the walls look
as great as the staircase.  Oh, perhaps you don't realize
from this view how precarious he is....

DO NOT try this at home!

1 comment:

  1. WE LOVE wood. In the house and in projects. No climbing around like a monkey for me. My back can't take another fall.

    Your home is beautiful.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...