Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Making Basil Pesto With Almonds

 

I had a good crop of basil this year.
Despite quite a major draught.
I know freezing temps are around the corner,
so I decided to harvest most of the plants.
Most of it I am going to air dry.

When I looked at this recipe,
I thought "No problem, I have all of those ingredients".
I was picturing making a mountain of pesto.

Then I got my parmesan container out of the fridge.
Ouch.  Well, enough for two rounds of the recipe.

I have a tiny food processor, so it only held a single recipe.
Later I found a recipe that included lemon juice,
and I would probably add that the next time.

I searched for a cute jar,
then found out it only keeps 5-6 days in the fridge.
So I will probably freeze it on a sheet pan,
cut it up, and put it in a plastic ziploc in the freezer.

6 comments:

  1. I kept saying I was going to make pesto........somehow just didn't get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you reminded me to do this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am hoping to "harvest" my flat parsley. we had a frost last night, but i had covered it -- and we have a bumper crop.

      Delete
  3. Fresh basil pesto with pasta has got to be one of the most delicious treats for a pasta lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right! i am embarrassed to say that i had never tried ANY pesto until a few months ago. but now, i love throwing it on whatever leftover pasta i have. 60 years old, and i have learned something new.

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...