Saturday, August 4, 2018

Friday's Vintage Finds 08.03.2018


I had about 5 garage sales and one church sale on my morning junking list.  I wasn't expecting much, and to make matters worse -- I slept in past 7 am.  The late bird does NOT get the worm.... most days.  But at 7:20 am I pulled up to a sale that only one other person had been at, and she was leaving when the people called out that there was stuff INSIDE the house too.  Yeah! The first thing I spied with my little eye was the crock bowl on the right, I did a little research and they have really fallen in value.....

I found this old Mccoy fish pitcher in the garage.
And wouldn't you know it, McCoy is another thing that has taken a dip in value.
I think this merits a future post.  But moving on....

Next was the church sale.
Can't you picture this ceiling shade in someone's mid-century red and white kitchen?
I will be putting it on ebay.
I also got some yummy apple butter and homegrown tomatoes from that stop.

Next yardsale had this sweet Amish Pyrex bowl.
Talk about something that has gone UP in value.
If I had stopped there, my husband would have been happy.
But I also purchased a medical cabinet, big and heavy.
Remember, everything is getting moved in two weeks or less....

2 comments:

  1. I love Pyrex. I love your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds! The light fixture is really unique! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...