Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Preparing Old Barn Site For Play Set

I discovered the old barn site the day we first looked at the house. I say "discovered" because it was buried behind grape vine, poison ivy, tall weeds, old tires, broken glass, tree limbs, and more.  But I was smitten from the beginning.  All that is left of the barn was the lowers walls.  

Half of it is stone, and so cool looking.  The other half has old concrete walls, not quite as cool.  But with plants, vintage gates, etc we will give it more of a vintage vibe.  THAT is the half the way are talking about today.  It sits directly behind the new guest house. To make it safe, I would have either had to rope off the barn site or clean up all of the glass.  So this spring when there was a huge ditch around the guest house exterior I knew it was time to act.  I filled the ditch with all of the old metal, broken glass, melted glass that had been inside the barn site.  No more danger zone.  It took a few months for us to decide the next step.

Last weekend we ordered pea gravel from a garden center, and it was delivered Tuesday.  8 scoops. Also on Tuesday I found a playset (new fangled word for swingset) on facebook marketplace.
 We ended up buying it for $100.  

Today we fueled up at our favorite restaurant.
And tackled the disassembling and LOADING of the playset.

Good old van!
Barely got everything inside and on top.
Next Saturday is assembly day.
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be a great play area when ya'll are done.
    Good deal on the swing set.
    Oh my, look at that cinnamon roll :)

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...