Saturday, August 3, 2019

Sorting Flatware

 A week ago my husband and I went to a "moving sale".
There was certainly alot of "stuff" being offered.
We made it home with two vanloads of items.
Somewhere in there I bought FIVE good-sized boxes of old flatware.
You know -- thinking some of that has to be sterling.
(The pic above shows one of the two huge boxes that
I am probably going to give to someone for "scrap" or crafts.)

It took me several does of sorting.
But I came up with a couple sterling pieces.
This cake server handle is sterling....
 
and this set of 6 Gorham sterling spoons.
(I believe those are shotgun shells on the bottom?)
Anyway, I am putting them on ebay.
Sold for $36.

(This is my "donation" box with usable flatware.)
 Turns out the woman moving was a dealer (antiques, not drug).
She probably took all the good stuff out and threw the rest in the shed.

But some nice old patterns.
We'll see if I can get some of it sold. 
I will show more of the "loot" later.
Sold $147 on ebay and at least that much at home sales
and the flea market.  Way more than I paid for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...