Sunday, April 26, 2020

My Husband's Corona Virus Isolation Project #10 -- Two Boot Trays


 With the addition of lots of rain and chickens, our mud room was looking like --
 well, a muddy room.

So my husband started the hunt for a "boot tray" where we could set our boots when we came in.

I suggested this little berry basket.
(At that point it did not have a corrugated metal insert or a handle.)  
Nope, too small for his big boots and not heavy duty enough.
But he said he would go ahead and make it for the guest cottage.

After looking at farm stores and on-line, he decided to make one himself.

 He used old barn wood that we already had.
And "Helmsman" wood finish that we already had.
And corrugated tin that we already had....
And made the nicest looking boot tray that I have ever seen.
Goodbye to mud in the mud room.

2 comments:

  1. I love them. It's great having handy husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handy husbands with time to spare.... hope you are surviving the quarantine

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...