Saturday, September 22, 2018

Fall Wildflowers


 Fall wildflowers from our property.
I know this is goldenrod, and now I have exhausted my knowledge
of the names of the flowers on this post.
But we are enjoying them anyway.

 So sweet and tiny,
don't tell me if it is evil.

 My garden center purchases don't even look this good.

 In the middle of all of these puffy white flowers,
there are a couple of pink blooms that look like sweet pea.

 These blooms are so tiny and cute.
I bet our local hummingbirds love them.
(what is it with hummingbirds? they always act so irritated)

Many shades of morning glories.
 
And this one with the gorgeous stem.
Yeah, a weed.
All are weeds.
All flowers started as weeds.

"A weed is but an unloved flower.”
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

1 comment:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with morning glories. I hate them in my yard and pasture. lol.......but have them planted across the road from our house around the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...