Sunday, September 16, 2018

Junking Trip To The Old Stomping Grounds


 We needed to make a trip north this past weekend to check on our other house
that is still for sale and do a little cleaning there.
As soon as I realized we were going, I checked the on-line
auction calendar and realized that I could bid and pick up items 
during the time we would be there.  And hit a flea market on our way out of town.
The above pic is after we unloaded the van after the weekend!

 While at our north house,
I got a text reminding me that I had purchased these two
tubs months ago and had forgotten about them.
So we were able to pack those up as well.

 From the on-line auction I purchased
bits and pieces of newer weathervanes.
At this point it looks like I have enough parts
for two complete ones, and one partial.

At the flea market I got four great pieces of wood,
including this cedar cross-section.
Chopping block?

I got all of these junky screens for $1.
I plan on using them to line the walls of my
future antique store booth.

2 comments:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...