Thursday, September 20, 2018

Tour Of Hard Working Mud Room


This is a tour of our hard working mud room.
As in, no staging -- this is how it looks and how we use it.
Although we should call it the grass room,
because that is what we track in.
Back door took alot of abuse from previous owner's dogs.
I may be able to talk my husband into letting me paint it.

My husband painted the walls gray and
hung the coat hooks on the west wall.

 This (heavy) shelf was in my last antique booth.
I almost didn't keep it, because it was so heavy
-- but glad I did --
 all 6 of my wire baskets fit inside of it perfectly.
Eventually the wall behind it will be corrugated metal roofing.
The barrel on the right will be replaced with a standing washtub
that will serve as a sink....And we still have a partial stone wall to get rid of.  Sigh.

 Speaking of hard working....
these locker cubbies are stuffed with tools, screws, etc.
I wish we had a second set of them.

I am picturing myself working on pricing antiques
at this table in the wintertime.  Nice light from the south facing window.
The table has been in my family longer than I have been.
The four cats are enjoying the windows and wildlife shows.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to a relatives dog, our front door needs some touch up. A couple others due to my old dog. She was terrified of storms and would tear up a door if she was in a room.

    Love the shelves and the lockers. Really neat.

    You'll love the old tin on the walls. We have it in our mud room/laundry room. Going to eventually have it in our cat room.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall seeing it in your laundry room post. I will have to look back at it for some ideas. was it hard to cut? the previous owners had two huge dogs that ripped up window screens, broke glass from one side of a insulated door, tore off the screen door on back porch (we just left it off) and scratched the dickens off of the wood door in picture. makes me feel pretty good about having cats

      Delete
  2. I really love the locker cubbies! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...