Sunday, May 10, 2020

My Thrift Store Reopened!

Our church is having video support groups.  At one of our zoom "meetings" they asked what each of us missed the most during the quarantine .  I said I missed my thrift store. It reopened this week, and I finally had a chance to put on my latex gloves and go.

I like my thrift store for a variety of reasons.  They have special sales every day.  Each week they have a different colored hang tag on clothing that is only 25 cents.  (25 cents! You can't get much for 25 cents!) Saturdays they sometimes have mega-sales: like 50% off the entire store, or today when I went all clothing was only $1.  $1 means for coats, formals, dresses, mens clothes, whatever!

All of the money goes to Missouri Council Of The Blind -- so it all goes to a great cause. There are days I get a senior discount.  If you spend $100 (accumulative) you get a $10 discount.

Today I spent a big $33 and got a huge trash bag packed with clothes.  I got three long dresses in my size -- I usually scramble when I have to go to a formal event but now I will be ready.  One of the dresses fit great and was a keeper.  One had damage I failed to see before I bought (but hey, it was only a buck!).  One was a bit to small on the top but I am going to try to sell it on ebay.

I got several items for my husband that he was actually excited about, including these shorts! One of my sons is flying in from California in a couple of weeks, so I got him some things.  And I managed to get a few more things for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Can't beat those prices.
    You racked up!

    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...