Friday, May 22, 2020

My Husband's Corona Virus Isolation Project #11 -- Repairing The South Side Garden Shed & Rock Sign


This little garden shed was originally a well house.
It was in poor condition when we moved in 
( worse than this, 
 because my husband had already done Stage 1 repairs before I took this photo.)
When we bought our property, we thought we would tear itdown.
That makes us laugh now, because we like the well house so much.

 To ensure it's survival my husband has patched up the deteriorating stone walls
and corrugated metal roof while he had the time.
The stone walls were so bad that metal mesh was involved with the patching process.

And we wanted the roof repair to appear "original" so it was OK to
put willy-nilly replacement pieces of metal in the bare spots.

He made a rock mosaic with the name of the conservation area
that we live close to.  And attached it to the repaired wall.


With a bit of paint, it looks like it may last another 90 years.
My husband is going back into the office now,
so this is his last official corona virus isolation project.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great. I love the look of the patched metal roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love rusty corrugated roofs. that is why we chose that material for the roof on the guest cottage we are building

      Delete
  2. Great job. Awwwwww, I know you'll miss all the good help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely miss all the great projects getting accomplished, but it will be nice to ease back in to "normal" again.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...