Sunday, May 17, 2020

On The Hunt For Ostrich Fern


On our way "into town" we pass a perfectly manicured
farmhouse that has lovely ferns out front.
My husband has been jealous of them for weeks.

We looked high and low at garden centers looking for similar ones.
We had learned in our search that they were called
ostrich ferns.

We did see many lovely ferns in our search.


But no ostrich ferns.  Until...


I looked on facebook marketplace and there they were!
Our hunt took us to a lovely home, where I took all these pics.
The groundcover above is strawberry geranium, which I don't believe I have seen before.
So we also bought some of it from the homeowners.


And more importantly (cue angels) our hunt is over.
I will take a pic of our new "fern area" sometime in the future.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...