Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Line Up Of Vintage Sleds for 2015

Last year I went a little crazy with whole sled thing.  I had stashed away nine by the time Christmas selling time arrived, click  HERE  for that post.  I wasn't able to break that record this year, but still managed to pick up eight.  And now, without further ado, here is our line up of vintage sleds for 2015:

Here is the "before" photo.  I decided to paint several black to look like chalkboards.  I purchased some vintage window stencils from ebay to make the job easier.  (So much to do for the holidays!)

These two are my favorites, I love the worn surface on the white one.

I ended up selling the blue one without any stenciling.
But I loved how the stenciling enhanced the
vintage beauty of the white one.

Already sold, of course.
 
Here are some "after" group pictures.
I ended up doing two of the snowflake sleds.

The sled on the right was a vintage stencil.
This little sled was the only actual chalkboard
sled that I did this year.

And some more close-ups.
I purchased the "Bless This House" stencil at Hobby Lobby.
The border stencil was a Martha Stewart.

I think a mistake people make when decorating sleds is doing
a horizontal design (long ways on the sled).
People almost always decorate with the sled standing upright
so you should be able to read any writing without tipping your head..

A lacy all-over stencil on raw, aged wood.

The ornament stencils on this sled were done with the vintage
window snow stencils that I had ordered off of ebay.
Long story, but it took over three weeks for me to receive them.

I'm in love with the vintage stencils.
They were worth the wait.
 
Linking Up With:

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love these. Sure wish I could find old beauties like these around here. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete