Saturday, January 4, 2020

Thrift For The Guest Cottage


 It is tough to get a good deal on facebook marketplace.
They get snapped up so fast.
I messaged about this light fixture 6 minutes after it was listed.
It came with 4 Edison bulbs, so $30 was a steal.
It may get a silver makeover.

 My favorite thrift store has 50% off the first Saturday of the month.
So I went to see what I could find:
-- several sheets (twin and queen) ($1 each)
-- blender ($2)
-- oval full length mirror ($10) I will be painting the wood white
Ended up not using the mirror in the guest cottage.

 White plates -- $1.50 for the stack.

Pendant Lamp -- $3.00.
I will spraypaint the brass silver.
Ended up using in the bunk room with a galvanized shade.

1 comment:

  1. Love the light. No kidding, those Edison bulbs are expensive.

    Good deals from the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...