Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Painting The Guest Cottage Front Door

 We perused facebook marketplace.  We were looking at antique stores (this predates the "Big Quarantine"). I even looked at a company in Springfield that crafts high end custom wood doors in vintage styles.  What we wanted was a front door for the guest cottage that had some character.  Solid. With a window. And that we could afford.

Then my husband was digging through my stash in my shop and found one.  Yep, I already had one.  Maybe not as old or full of character as I desired -- but you can't argue with FREE. To add character we found some old scalloped trim pieces (yes, also in my shop) and attached them to the top and bottom of the window on the exterior side of the door.

Then we choose Home Depot's color of the year -- "Back to Nature" to paint the exterior side. Another piece of the guest cottage puzzle done.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...