Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Primitive Shelf With A New Life

Do you have on-line local auctions in your area?  I've just participated in my second one.  I love that I can bid on auction items while in bed.  The auctions usually have a 10 day duration and then you are given the address of where to pick up your loot.

This was one of my lots. 
(The two narrow windows made me LOL when I saw them.
  They looked so much bigger in the auction photo.)
The "Before" photo of the primitive shelf is on the left.
It had a couple newer knobs attached to hang things from.
 
I took off the newer knobs.
Gave everything a quick sanding, mainly to get dirt off.
I loved the aged and rough sawn look the wood had.
The top actually had a plate trough, which is nice.
 
I replaced the knobs with three vintage hooks.
 
The outside ones have a great aqua color.
 
The huge sliding lock I added,
just to give the piece a little more personality.
 
I knew I wanted to use chain to hang the piece,
and found this great chain and clips in my stash.
 
I would have loved to have known the history of this little shelf,
but am pleased that it still has some life left in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...