Thursday, June 11, 2020

Colorful Coneflowers


 I've always like coneflowers -- 
the "cone" shaped flowers with long droopy 
pinky purple petals.

 A few years ago I picked up three varieties of white
coneflowers.  Planted together they were lovely,
and survived summer heat so well.  But I had to leave
those at my last house.

 Last summer I planted these gold ones,
which look so great next to the lavender.

And this spring I planted these red ones.
I am not a "red flower person" but these
have knocked my socks off.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I finally bought some this year. They have not bloomed yet. Oh, the red one is very nice. I didn't see that color.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...