Thursday, August 6, 2020

Surprise Aquatic Flower


I have mentioned our little 33 gallon pond before.  It was my husband's first covid project.  He bought some aquatic lettuce and one bigger aquatic plant for $5 through facebook marketplace.  We throw out a bunch of the lettuce each week because it multiplies so fast there isn't room to feed the fish.  Instead of one large plant (don't know what it is) we have FIVE now, and have given away one.  Then out of the blue -- yesterday one of the bloomed!!!  What?!!!  So fun.

1 comment:

  1. I believe it's water hyacinth. And, you are correct..........it goes crazy.

    We learned the hard way one year that it will overtake a garden pond. It smothered our koi fish.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...