Friday, November 17, 2017

Stenciled Winter Scene Windows

I picked up 10 identical vintage windows at an auction the first week of November for $1 each.  Woohoo.  Now what to do with them?  Especially this time of year, where time is short.  If I wanted to get these windows sold, I knew that I would have to do something fast and easy.

 I decided to stencil them all to look like the old fashioned
spray snow windows of old.
And I actually used vintage Christmas stencils on most of them.
Since the windows were all the exact same size,
I could basically just lift the stencil off for use after use.
(Well, that was the theory....)

It wasn't quite as easy as it sounded,
since I wanted to do several stencil designs.
And after doing more than one of each design,
the stencils starting getting "bendy".
So, some of the finished work didn't have really crisp lines.

 But overall, the idea worked well.
I did about two or three of each design.
With flat white spraypaint, so it should be good indoors or outdoors.

 This is the only one that I added a window adhesive to.
"Joy" was the only Christmasy window adhesive I had on hand.

 This stencil was a little more complicated.
So I only made one of this.

 And it is staying in my window through Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. A great bargain and I love what you did with them.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun! Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...