Monday, November 6, 2017

Bleached Bottle Brush Trees 2017 Edition


 I still have a huge stash of little round wood pieces
that I use as bases.
Sometime this year I collected the insulators and
pierced light reflectors from different sales,
all with an eye for the bottle brush trees.

Click here
and here
to see other years with bb trees.

 
Click here
for my tutorial on bleaching bottle brush trees.


  I also picked up a dozen or so of 
these vintage rolls of thread -- in such amazing colors.
I knew right away that they would make bb tree bases.

 This larger tree was leftover from last year 
and looked a bit ragged.  So I glued all sorts of
ornaments in it to glam it up a bit.

The outside trees have those old star shaped
glass candleholders as bases.  I just inserted some
"plastic wood" in the candle hole and inserted the tree.  If you try it,
make sure you let the plastic wood dry before handling the trees.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sharon. These are all very cute. I finally bought an ipas so we noe have internet at home. Have never had it before at the house because I usually sit in front of a computer all day

    Am going to try really hard to go back to work mentally week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so glad that you are back in touch. I bet it was hard for you to be off-line, especially when you had so much down time. I hope you are doing better, what percentage of recovery are you feeling?

      Delete
  2. Love these! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...