Saturday, June 2, 2018

Citywide Garage Sale Bonanza

Our little town had their citywide garage sales this past weekend.  About 200 garage sales - spread over Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I am exhausted.  Most of that time the temps soared in the high 90s.  But whoever said that junking would be easy?

Thursday things were a little thin.  Quite a few sales popped up, but no big hauls.  Until about 11 am,
I came across one that was pretty great. One of the many items I purchased was this Pillsbury sign, and yes, it is old.  And yes, I am keeping it.

 I am looking for garden decor to sell at my "outdoor" booth, and that garage sale had that in spades. I got the oil can, metal table, wooden keg lid, and metal birds there.  I am keeping the birds (forever).

Friday the weather was just as steamy.  I had driven by a great looking sale on Thursday night, but they were adamant that they weren't selling until 8 am Friday morning. So, I dropped my husband off there at 7 am for him to play the waiting game, while I visited other sales. Paid $10 for the baby carriage, sold for $28.)

He definitely scored the most, including the above buggy frame and 1901 mailbox.
Paid $4 for this one, sold for $28.)

Saturday I was sorely tempted to just sleep in, but what if I could just find a few little things?  Our community had a pretty severe storm the night before, so people were a little slow setting up.  It was a little spotty at first, but then we hit a fun one.  I purchased these kissing concrete cuties...
Bought for $20, sold for $65.

...And FOUR cast iron patio pieces. Bought for $50, sold for $121.  And just when I thought the junking bonanza was over, I got a call that a bench I had left a $15 bid on was mine for the taking.  (Along with all of the free clothes I wanted.)  Well, yes.  Thank you very much.  And special thanks to everyone who was brave enough to man garage sales in this record breaking heat.

2 comments:

  1. Good buys. I hit a few sales in town. The hubby worked with the neighbors so I had to go by myself.

    There were a couple of huge sales, but 2 hours south or 2 hours north. I did not want to go off that far by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...