Monday, June 25, 2018

Local On-Line Auction Vintage Wins


 
So about 10 days ago I made some entry-level bids on a local on-line auction.  They have a certain pick-up window of about 2 hours, no exceptions.  But I knew my calendar was clear, so I made some opening bids on about 45 lots.  45 lots.  The next day my son called to say that they were inducing my grandchild on the appointed pick-up day.  So, I asked a friend to pick up the treasures and did not raise any bids.  Therefore, my "wins" were pretty much the loser stuff that no one else wanted.  (BUT, who cares?  I HAVE A GRANDSON!)  I bid $4 on this "lot" because of the retro lamp shade peeking up of the top.  And yes, it was cool. Sold on ebay for $26.

 
This is a cute little side table with a "gator" patina.  It is a keeper, I paid $18 (all bids includes 10% auctioneer fee).

I am definitely a sucker for these vintage oriental jackets.  Many came from Japan during Korean war.  this lot included at least two for $4.  I will probably sell them on ebay.
Sold one for $20.

Do you see the small tiered shelf hiding in back?  That is why I bid on this lot, it was carved by a local around the 1930s and has a great tramp art look. I got it and the cute pink TP holder for $2. 
Sold the tiered shelf for $25.

 I got a big box of misc Catholic items which date from the 1940s-1950s for $4.  It was fun looking through all of it.  I kept a box of medallions, medals for ebay -- and I sold the rest at a yard sale Saturday. The ebay medallions sold for $14.

 I got these three little ceramic dwarves for $2.
They will sell in my "outdoor store".
Sold for $21.

 I had to get two large totes of "fall decor"
because I saw a corner of one of these peeking out.
$4, plus two totes which I can really put to good use as we are moving.
Sold on ebay for $21.
Most of the above stuff has already been moved to our new house.

2 comments:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...