Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Live Edge Walnut Shelves For Laundry Room


I purchased three great live edge walnut boards at a flea market.
At $10 each, they were a steal. 
I used the first one this weekend.
First I sanded it, until my belt sander gave out.
Then I stained it with a walnut color (to bring out the walnut!)
The above pic shows before and after staining.

 Then I tried a danish oil finish for the first time.

My husband had made these brackets years ago for the other house.
I stained them darker to go with the walnut board.

We cut the walnut board down the center because we
needed two shallow shelves. Here is a sneak peak
after we put them up in the laundry room.
Stay tuned for a full-on tour of the laundry room.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love them. We have a couple of live edge things we've created in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brackets! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...