Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tour Of The Tiny Kitchen


 I had a fairly small working kitchen in the last house,
but this is tiny.  We opted not to have an island so that it
wouldn't be so tight.  Very limited storage and counter space.
In  a couple of years I am thinking of a rehaul, but
for now I have pared down "stuff" to what I really need.
This is facing west.  The countertops are local limestone,
which I really like.

You may remember that my husband took out the dishwasher, 
and made some storage for me in August.

 An electrician came last week and installed this light over the sink...

 and this triple light in the middle of the kitchen.
Our ceilings are not very high,
so the lights can't hang down very far.
(I purchased this sign in June.)

 This is the north side of the kitchen.
Whenever we redo the kitchen that "pass through"
will be walled over and open shelving put up.

 This is the south side.
We decided that for the two of us we wanted to squeeze in seating,
I don't want to haul every meal to the big dining room.
My husband made the table.
As you can see, the chair needs to be moved if I'm baking.

And this is the sweet reason that we have made the move,
what a cutie!

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...