Monday, April 22, 2019

Fieldtrip To Springfield MO Botanical Gardens


 We try to make it to the Springfield Botanical Gardens at
least once a month.  It is free and so well maintained.
And like crack to a druggie....
I am sure that I need the above bush now.

 The rose verbena was in the butterfly caterpillar
garden.  And we definitely want more butterflies, right?

 There is not a picture of the Forest Pansy Redbud tree,
because I had to take a pic of the sign
(so that I could remember the name and somehow find a place to order one).
Trust me, you'd want one too.

 And succulents....don't get me started.
I had to leave behind my succulent nursery when we moved.
So I am trying to get another one established.
The lady working in this area says that these varieties overwinter.

 I don't know if I would put thyme in the herb area
 or succulent area (where these were),
but I definitely need me some of this.

 More succulents....

I took a pic of this at one of the nurseries we stopped by afterwards.
You can't see the "1" under my thumb, this cute little bush was $149.95!
We had picked one up at a flea market last Saturday for $20,
but we didn't know what it was, until today. Score!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...... that's an expensive plant. I had the hubby cut down some kind of viburnum that was trying to outgrow the house.

    I got tired of cutting it back every year.

    I use my phone all the time...........it's my memory since my brain doesn't any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we went to a garden center the day after the botanical gardens, and I had already forgotten the variety of redbud i was looking for. so i ran back to my car and looked at my camera. they DID have that variety -- $225. it was the same expensive garden center that had the viburnum. Needless to say, I still do not own a Forest Pansy Redbud.

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...