Friday, July 12, 2019

Matching Daylilies


This is a photo I shared a few weeks ago.  I took it in the Springfield Botanical gardens.  The "Daylily Society" plants and tends this area of the Botanical Gardens.

 This is a photo of family that I took in the Daylily area of the Botanical Gardens last week.
As you can see, it also extends way off behind them and to the right.
It is huge, so many varieties!  So many colors.

This spring they had a sale.  
I could only afford ONE of their beautiful daylilies.
It finally bloomed, and how crazy that it looks almost like one I took a photo of
a few weeks ago at the Botanical Gardens.
1/200 or 1/300 chance?

3 comments:

  1. What luck. It's a beautiful flower. I love the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we were stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, we had the opportunity to go to a annual daylily sale at the home of a known grower. I don't remember how large the garden was, but I do remember it was packed with soooo many varieties. It was a you dig event. Five dollars a big clump. We used to get a trailer full every year. We sold some to those who couldn't get to the sale, gave away lots, and planted the rest. Roger Mercer was the growers name. He wrote a gardening column for the local paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. daylilies are so impressive, i can see how someone could get really hooked on them. our last house had so much shade, that we were lucky to get a few scraggly blooms -- so i wasn't that excited about them. but it is impressive how much better the daylilies are doing at their full sun home here in the ozarks. we will have to keep finding room to plant more varieties.

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...