Monday, July 15, 2019

Relocating My Antique Booth

I am not the type of antique store vendor that moves from location to location.
I like to stay at one booth, at one location.
So it was hard for me to make the decision to switch antique malls.
I just wasn't getting the sales I was used to,
especially at what should have been a peak time of year.  Sigh.

The biggest problem I face is that there are no antique malls close to us.
If we are driving 30-45 minutes to maintain an antiques booth
then it needs to do some brisk business.  Where?  How?

We are moving in to Old Town Antiques in Ozark, MO.
The main reason? It is located close to 
the historic Ozark Mill located on the Finley River which
 will be opening this fall.  The mill and a large piece of land around the mill
was purchased by Johnny Morris of Bass Pro Shops fame.  There are three phases
to the project -- fall of 2019 (coming right up!) will be the opening of a
restaurant and bar in the old mill. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. I wish you a lot of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like good business. That family knows how to make money and this should spill over in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That family certainly does know how to make money. It would be nice to get a little of their spillage.

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...