Sunday, July 19, 2020

Corn Crazy


People around here are on the edge of their (car)seats --
waiting for a local farmer's sweet corn to be ready.  

The family sells it for one weekend only.
When we went yesterday (day #1) they were sold out at noon.
Some people had waited four hours for corn.

My husband was there at 7 am today,
and picked up 5 dozen ears for me. (They sold out at 8:30 am today).
I shucked, parboiled and cut the corn off of 4 dozen.
They are bagged up and in my freezer now.

SO YUMMY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We've done our corn for the year. We had to cut most of it off the cob because we had so much ready at the same time. Good stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what variety do you grow? how much of it do you grow? and do you blanch it before you freeze it/ my husband forgot to ask what variety this was - but so great.

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...