Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hastings Train Depot

I rode a passenger train once in my life.  I am not talking about a tourist train, or a "scenic railway."

 I am talking the kind of passenger train that takes you from one location to another --
through the center of Nebraska.

 And we left from this Burlington train depot
in Hastings, Nebraska...

 ...almost 50 years ago.
I am glad that I made it back for a reunion.

 It was renovated in 2000
and turned into a lighting center.
Happily, it continues to be a centerpiece of the community.


1 comment:

  1. I've never been on a train. I think it would be a nice thing for our bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...