Monday, July 2, 2018

Antique Tin Cigar Advertising Sign


 I picked up this great old tin lithographed sign a few weeks ago at an estate sale.
We aren't selling on ebay currently (because of "the move")
so I knew that I would have time to investigate it a little more before selling.

 It turns out that it was a sign advertising a certain brand of cigars.
Along the top border was the name of the maker,
and down both sides it said "CIGARS".
Someone a hundred years ago decided they liked the horse,
but not the advertising -- so they painted over the border!

It still is a great tin lithograph,
and I am hoping other people think the same thing.
 I am putting it on ebay this week to help pay for some van repairs. 
Sold for $169.

5 comments:

  1. I am kind of a horsy girl myself, and was sorely tempted to keep this. But the van repairs really added up, and my husband is not working right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First things first, right! I have always found that my car's repairs always run $50 more than what I have in the checking account (and that's usually before groceries have been purchased!). Hope it sells quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sold for $169! Not as much as the car repair, but it sure helped.

      Delete
  3. What a great sign! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...