Wednesday, August 8, 2018

10 Collectibles That Have Lost Value

I just bought a "crock" bowl for about $8, and was thinking how a few years ago it would have been $30 or more.  That got me thinking about other items that are not worth picking up for resale.

1.  Glassware.  Almost all unmarked vintage glassware, and some that is marked.  Might as well use it for target practice.  If you have some depression glass, don't be depressed.  Just hang on to it, it will probably swing back in favor.

2.  Dishes, china sets. Even fine china. The generations younger than me use paper plates if they are entertaining, and just are not interested in owning more than than dish set.  Good news -- I can afford to get a "new" vintage set whenever I get tired of the old one.

3. Crock Bowls  (also known as stoneware bowls).  Man oh Man, I remember when these use to go high at auctions.  And not just the yellowware.  Last week I bought three for $12 (two did have damage, but still...)

4. Beanie Babies

5.  Commemorative Plates.  Souvenir Plates.  Calendar Plates.  All worthless.

6.  Precious Moments, Hummels

7.  Lunchboxes.  Sad, because I was once an avid collector.  But they still make great receptacles in which to store your worthless baseball cards or beanie babies.

8.  Cookie Jars

 9. Old prints.  There are very few times where I leave an old print in the frame.  Usually I can get more from the frame without the old print in it.  Sad but true.

 10.  Roseville. McCoy. Red Wing.  I am sure there are other potteries that have dropped in value.  But I have noticed these three definitely dropping in value.


2 comments:

  1. It is sad that those things have really dropped in value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all true, however I was at high end estate sale last Saturday and two different men were buying all the sets of china? one man has advertising on his shirt China Specialties
    I still collect transferware in purple

    I use to crave blue crocks etc

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...