Sunday, August 26, 2018

Making The Move

 We made the move!
It was preceded by a couple weeks of pretty rough goodbyes.
I have volunteered with the above ladies for years at a
"store" that gives away clothing to the less fortunate.

 This is my "reading club" that ditched the reading years ago.
More like a lunch club with amazing support and some great wisdom.

Ladies that I have been friends with for years came to see me off.
Some of the wonderful friends that I didn't even manage to get a photo of. 
(I managed to not pick up my camera during the whole move.😕

 What we did right:
throw ourselves a "farewell party" where friends to could stay
to help us pack afterwards.  The above shows all the yummy
treats they brought.  I don't really even remember the
packing stage, I just carried the neighbor's baby around like a security blanket.

 I think we had about 30 awesome people helping us
pack every square inch of this 20 foot moving truck.
(And only 6 people to unload and unpack, much
gratitude to my sister-in-laws family and my son.)

Fortunately, they didn't realize everything we had squirrelled
away in our "shop" every trip we made down here for the last 
six months.  But that can wait for now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. A lot of great friends.
    That’s a lot of wonderful help

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...