Thursday, August 23, 2018

Moving Melancholy


All changes, even the most longed for,
have their melancholy;
For what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves,
we must die to one life before we can enter another.
-- Anatolle France. 

You have had fair warning,
this may be a downer.  And probably too sad for family members.
As the house is emptying out I needed to snap a few photos.
But bright colors seemed a little too cheery....
it is starting to really hit me.


 So this post was me wandering around outside.
This is a giant tree in front of our house.
It has kept watch over the house about 100 years,
and over my family for 30 years.

 I like to think how many times we wandered in and out of this gate.
(And how I ruined my knees laying that brick).

 I did dig up a few plants to take,
but I am leaving many behind.
There was not one flower or bush in the yard when we moved in.

 Original shed (out house?),
one of my favorite things about the yard.

View of church next door.

I can still see two little boys holding hands,
walking up that sidewalk.
Being followed our loyal gold tomcat who met them at the end of the block.

5 comments:

  1. We finally made our move 3 days ago. Cripes it was hard. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we made the official move a week ago. i am with you, super hard. but now that the biggest hump is behind us, i don't live in dread anymore. we will survive, and even thrive (right?)

      Delete
  2. A lot of family history and memories.
    Sad right now, but you'll have a lot of new memories in your new house soon.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. yesterday both of my sons, my dil, and grandson all stopped by. couldn't have happened unless we had made the move. an investment in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote. Love the pictures and comments! Of course, I cried. 😥 But I do celebrate your future as Gigi! AKA grandma. 🎉♥️🎉

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...