Tuesday, August 13, 2019

1878 Reading Apple Peeler


I have to give my husband credit for picking this up
at the estate sale we attended a few weeks ago.
It may be the biggest money maker that we purchased.
And so interesting....

 This apple parer was made by a company in Reading, PA
which started producing them in 1878.

 As you can see, it is still in working order!

It can peel up to 10 apples a minute!
I guess that if you were making apple cider
that would have been important.

There is a company that still makes them,
that is how well they work.
But this one is a very early version.
Paid $3, sold for $45.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...