Sunday, September 29, 2019

Rural Neighborhood Fall Festival


 We live in a rural area, west of a small town.
Once a year our "country neighbors" Gene and Diane
host a rural neighborhood "fall festival" for all the
people that live in our rural neck of the woods.

 This is no small event.
It is a bit of a soiree.
Complete with facepainting....

and I mean really good facepainting.
(I asked this little tiger if I could take her pic,
she surprised me by roaring while I took it!)

Also: snowcones and a bouncy house.
(Last year there was pumpkin painting and a car show.)

Yummy hot dogs and hamburgers are grilled.
And of course, everyone brings "dishes".

And enjoys cool drinks.

 It is a great opportunity to meet neighbors
whose country homes you just drive by ordinarily.

 And a good opportunity to enjoy the home and grounds
of our hosts until evening falls.


1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...