Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Front Door Problems Part II


 Yes, we are still working at replacing our front door.
Progress:  we decided on different doorknobs
(found these in our shop.)

 Progress: the non-working mortise lock
got replaced with one that is almost the same size.

Progress: I didn't like the shiny finish I had applied earlier, 
so I sanded down and did two coats of hand
rubbed poly.  I think I will do one more coat.
Problems:  * I still have the other side to do!
* I still have to get on our Handyman's radar -- he will
need to find old looking hinges and figure out how to hang
a door that is 1/4" too small for the opening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if he can add 1/4 inch thick board to the inside of the door casing to make it fit.....

    Oh well, I'm sure that between all of you it will be hanging up pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...