Friday, June 19, 2015

Enamelware Lid Wall Hooks

As I used various enamelware containers for gardening this year, I threw the corresponding lids beside the compost pile.  I knew they wouldn't make good compost, but I wasn't ready to chuck them either.  Then they moved to the "needs to be washed outside" pile.  Then, to the "needs to be washed even better inside" pile.  By this point, I had a pretty good idea what I was going to do with them. 

So I went out to the magical shed which produced a piece of scrap wood wide and long enough for my vision.  A quick coat of white for a base coat.  A dry brush of chalked red over that.  Then I simply pounded a hole through each lid.  Then spaced them evenly across the red board and pounded in a nail.  Attached a cool chain to the back.

I was tempted to write something cheesy under the lids:
Hang It All
I'm Hooked On You
Put A Lid On It
I think we are all thankful that I managed to control myself.

I liked this use the best,
kind of an irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...