Friday, June 26, 2015

Long Streaming Lace Garland

Last winter I found a stained, slightly tattered lace tablecloth in a box I had won at an auction.  I had this idea then, and got as far as cutting the tablecloth into long, thin strips. 

I am participating in a flea market tomorrow (more about how I feel about this at a later post).  I knew that the sun would be beating down on me from the south despite my EZ-UP tent.  I tried to think of something that I could hang that would be sheer and let some breezes through -- then I remembered this brain burp I'd had last winter.

Dig out the tablecloth strips.  Realize they aren't enough.  Dig out another old tablecloth and cut it into strips.  Find an old satin wedding dress (with holes, don't judge me) and cut that into strips.  Assemble when I should be pricing and packing. 

I like the way the garland turned out.  I'll let you know how it worked out at the flea market.

1 comment:

  1. This project is really neat and what a great idea for old table clothes. I have several and this would be fun to duplicate.
    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...