Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My Booth At The Platte City MO Antique Show

 
Last weekend I was a vendor at the Platte City Antique Show.  It is a great show, I knew because I had done it a number of years ago.  I was thrilled to have an invitation extended to me to participate this year -- we are clearing out merchandise and some of our personal collections.

 I sold this antique oil painting (paid $5 for it, sold for $35) 
and the stone vase on the right 
(paid $5,sold for $18).
I wish I could make a list of the type of items that are selling
right now, but I am always surprised myself.

 I am selling my Chase's Candy Company collection.
This box did not sell, but two antique Chase's plates did.
The great chippy pot and pot holder on the left also sold.

 I think I will have to lower my prices on the transferware
and the 48 star flag.

 Jar, candle holder and walnut trunk they were sitting on, all sold.
Paid $1 for gallon jar in carrier, sold for $16.
Paid $2 for candleholder, sold for $14.

 In the past I have done very well with original art work.
Not so much this show.

 Mid-century lamp (paid $4, sold for $28, toy dresser (bought for $10, sold for $22)
and vintage chalkboard sold (paid $8, sold for $29).
I was very surprised to take home the garden bench,
part of my personal things I am clearing out.

Great garden cart (paid $25, sold for $105), green pie cabinet (paid $50, sold for $130),
and old trunk all sold.
Sold almost $1400 in merchandise.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good show! Loved the little doll dresser; dunno why doll furniture fascinates me like it does! You never know what is going to sell; half the time, what they ask for is still in your booth or in your own kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you sold so much--so many treasures! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...