Monday, October 9, 2017

Vintage Framed Chalkboard Bible Verse

My SON and DIL (daughter-in-law) visited a couple weeks ago.
We managed to fit an amazing amount of activity in one little weekend.
When she mentioned that she was interested in making a chalkboard Bible verse,
we were all in.  Let's squeeze in one more activity.

 First we had to shop for the vintage frame.  
The right size and right amount of raised ornamental detail.
I had DIL paint two coats of an off-white on frame.
I came back at the end to do the fun part of dry-brushing
on a little gold highlighting.

 SON was in charge of cutting a piece of fiberboard to size
and giving it two coats of black chalk paint.
Then we coaxed my talented husband into doing the
chalkboard art that she wanted with a Chalk Marker.

One awesome family project.
One happy (and sweet!) DIL.

2 comments:

  1. I love the family project and what a cute photo! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that everyone had a part in the production of the pretty chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...