Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Fall Vintage & Antiques GOING OUT OF BUSINESS Liquidation Garage Sale


Fall Vintage & Antiques GOING OUT OF BUSINESS Clearance Garage Sale. That is kind of a big title.  But I want people to realize that it is a big deal, and that they should make a herculean effort to come.  I had already mentioned earlier in 2020 that I had made a decision to pretty much curtail my antiques business:{  That meant quitting my antique booths cold turkey (good decision right before covid hit!)  Slowing my ebay selling to a trickle.  No more shows.  And putting a squelch on buying the rusty, primitive junk that I love to sell....and look at.

January 2020 we started to build our "guest cottage" which we still hope to turn into an AIRBNB.  Construction is basically (finally) over. I had kept a tight hold on some of the leftover antiques inventory because I didn't know what we would be using to furnish and decorate the cottage.  But in the last couple weeks I have been schlepping stuff in (and out) of the guest cottage, and it is time to let go of the items that we won't be using.  We are not only clearing out my leftover inventory, but items that I had collected just for the cottage and that now I realize there isn't room, or it just doesn't fit the look. A REAL RUTHLESS CLEARANCE SALE.  Garage Sale prices.

This is Saturday is SALE #1.  All of my Halloween and Fall inventory.  Slashed.  Whatever doesn't sell Saturday I am taking to a flea market and selling for $1.  I am not kidding.  I also have a bunch of furniture in Saturday's sale.  Whatever furniture doesn't sell will go on Facebook Marketplace. 

Some of the furniture is already on FM.  Also, there are stacks and layers of items that need to be sold, so....

SALE #2 will be in a month or so.  It will hopefully purge the underlayers.  And the CHRISTMAS inventory.  I want to get rid of all of it.  I am a motivated seller.

SALE #3 will be early next spring.  All of the springy merch.  All of the pastels, florals, cutesy and sweet items.  All of the garden items.  All of the outdoor items.  EVERYTHING that is hiding tubs that are stashed under the folding tables and out of sight.  All gone.  Including "props", tablecloths, tables --- everything needed for the bones of setting up.  I want it all gone.  So that I can use the shop (which previously was my antiques storage area) more as a workshop, and maybe even have room to put a vehicle in it.  

AND THEN?  Well.  God laughs at our puny plans.  Just look at 2020.  But a rough guess / sketch of 2021?  As I mentioned, hopefully running an AirBNB.  More volunteering / entertaining. And we are expecting our second grandchild -- that will help to keep us busy.  

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...