Monday, September 14, 2020

Porch Quilt For Stonecrest Cottage

 

I am purging like a crazy woman. Getting ready of all of my antique stock.

I recently sold most of my quilts, but I kept this one back.
I knew that I wanted one for the cottage front porch.
And this was in deplorable condition 
(which means I would have had to sell it for next to nothing.)

So I got my scissors, needle and thread out.  On one end I had to cut three rows of squares off because they were so worn.  Then I wrapped this bias tape stuff (which I already had) around the cut end.  And stitched it on by hand.  Then I actually tackled the opposite side -- which only had some damage on the first row of squares.  Instead of hacking off any more quilt, I dug out some feedsack material and wrapped that on both sides of the last row of squares.  Not only will it protect the damaged area, but it will prevent future wear.  

So I am left with a very usable front porch quilt.
And you are left with a preview of the front porch.
Expect a complete tour soon.

2 comments:

  1. I've had a few that were worn completely out. Had to sell them really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you smart? I always have blankets on the porch in cool weather, but nothing as glorious as your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...