Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Front Porch Tour Of Stonecrest Cottage

 We are basically on the home stretch with Stonecrest Cottage Guest House.  The porch is done.  I may add a string of lights, and next year we will be adding some plants. But we are calling it good.  I want it to be simple and sustainable.

We tried very hard to use what we had.
We already had the bench.  It will be handy to sit on while people remove their shoes 
(wishful thinking?)
I also find it handy to set packages by the door while I unlock.

My husband made this tray a few months ago,
as well as one for our own "mud room".
(Corona Virus Isolation Project #10).

These motel chairs were sitting in our chicken run, they like this location better.
The mesh table and milk crate are all leftover from my antique stock.
Even the cattle fencing were segments left on our property when we bought it.

I will probably end up painting the chairs.

We have had the porch swing for awhile.
It is oak and STURDY.
The indoor/outdoor rug was from out NW Missouri house.
I mentioned the quilt in one of my last blogs -- I saved it from the brink.

The front door was left from the previous owner in our garage.
We just added some detail and paint.
Even the straw mats are not new -- 50 cents each at a garage sale.

The wagon wheels on either side of the steps we did actually buy for this project.
$5 for the pair. My husband and son rolled all of these huge rugs into place at the base of the porch. Next spring the flowers will go in front of the wheels and 
on the sides of the porch.  

I can see guests (and us!) really hanging out on this porch.

And lastly, this is the view from the porch.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute. It looks a lot like the front of the she shed/greenhouse we are building.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found pics of your she-shed on your blog. how cute! what is the inside going to look like?

      Delete
    2. I have 2 long dressers (from storage units). Going to paint them and put them in the middle. Hubby will make a top for them. We'll use them to start plants on. Against the walls will be very large pots.

      I have a Persian Lime, a Key lime, a small Satsuma and a couple of Mexican Mangoes.

      He wants to try and grow a few winter tomatoes. We'll see. Otherwise, stuff on the walls. A free (side of the road) chandelier.

      And maybe some of my mosaic's.

      Delete
    3. I did have to look up what a satsuma was. All of the little fruit trees sound lovely. What a great place to spend winter days. I look forward to seeing your progress

      Delete
  2. I love everything about the Guest Cottage. I'd love to spend a weekend or even a week there. It looks like the perfect place to escape from the Covid19 madness.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...