Monday, August 21, 2017

Reviving A Walnut Foot Locker


BEFORE
I cannot stay away from large, old wooden boxes.
And this footlocker stands apart because it is WALNUT.
 It weighs a TON.

They don't sell for a whole lot of money, but most have such a great history.
It doesn't take much imagination to figure that some old farm boy
from Nebraska did some traveling. (What a HEAVY thing to tow around!)

This is the top.
I just knew how beautifully it would clean up.
I sanded quite a bit of the old finish off the sides,
leaving the graphics on the top.

AFTER
Then I used some clear furniture wax on it.
And nothing beats the look of walnut once it is cleaned and waxed.

4 comments:

  1. oh my ...id need to sell a kidney to get that to Lincoln UK , but I could find a place for it ...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd probably loose your other kidney trying to lug it around. It does say Lincoln on it though!
      sharon

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful. I have an old one that we got a few months ago, that I need to do something with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job of restoring it and I'm so glad you kept the graphics on top! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...