Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Last Weekend's Vintage Finds

I went to a farm house estate sale last weekend that was organized by a friend of mine.  I have personally done estate sales before, and I know what a daunting task it was.  This sale was HUGE, and encompassed the house and several outbuildings.

 I got three of these American Poultry Journal magazines from the 1920s.
I may frame them and hang them in my future chicken coop.
(Doesn't everyone decorate their chicken coop interior?)
UPDATE:  Two were used on a cabinet in my Ozarks bathroom.
The last one I framed and it graces a shelf in the Stonecrest Cottage guest house.

 Speaking of chickens -- I also bought two large egg baskets
(purchased for $10 each, sold for $24 each)
and a great scale for $5.

I already had the basket, but purchased the 
"grocery cart" and owl #1.
It is the perfect time of year to be selling owls.
Paid $5 for this owl, sold it for $15).

 Owl #2 inside a milk crate "cage".
Paid $1 for this owl, sold it for $15.

+ 6 more metal milk crates with gallon jars included,
for $5 a crate.  And paid $5 for the sled on the right, later sold for $36.

Giant ball of twine for $1....

and the cutest little birdhouse for $1 (keeper).

 Bird nests.... they are a weakness of mine.

 These had sat in cardboard box in the barn for years.
 I also bought a garden windmill,
but had to make some repairs on it.
You will have to check back in a couple of days to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the scale and the magazines will be perfect in the chicken coup! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...