Friday, September 15, 2017

Still Painting Our 1895 Painted Lady

Last Fall I started to paint the first floor exterior of our 1895 house.  Painting it, for the third and last time.  And because of that, trying to do a great job.  We owe it to the house.  She has been good to us for 30 years.

Last fall I got almost all of the main floor exterior completed, plus two second floor porches. This summer my husband did the front second story, lots of dibbly work there.  He still has to do some on the east and west sides of the house. This fall I am doing all of the painting I didn't "quite" get to before the snow fell last year.  She is lookin' fabulous.

This week I have been working on this alcove, and getting alot of exercise.  Each time I move the ladder I run up and down the ladder six times (at least) with six different colors.

 (Which does not even include our seventh color, a lighter green.)
We have something like 54 acorns decorating our house.

This is the only area I have deal with this many colors, 
because most of the "detail" is on the second story where my husband is painting.   

 I am now officially done with my assignment, the main first story -- 
but by no means done with working on the house.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful home and I can tell you cherish it! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...