Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Oil Paintings 4 & 5 -- "Loose Cut Flowers"


 I spent 4 or 5 days (1-2 hours a day) 
painting the one on the left.  I decided it would
be a good exercise to do the same thing in just one hour.
I named them "Loose Cut Flowers" and "Looser Cut Flowers".
 And which one did I enjoy the most?  Looser one.
And which one do I think looks the best?  Looser one.

 
This is the "tighter" one.  And really,
the only parts that I was actually happy with were these two flowers.
8-10 hours for "eh".

 I like the palette knife background of the looser one,
and paper wrapping (three minutes instead of
an hour and three minutes.)

 This is my favorite flower on the looser painting.
I think if I spend more time pre-planning,
doing the background color well,
and doing composition well -- it will pay off,
and I can get away with loser painting.

2 comments:

  1. You noticed I just took close ups of the "good" parts. but I am hoping to improve over time. you know i admire your artistic endeavors as well -- the alterations that you have made on your clothing lately is super creative.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...