Sunday, January 6, 2019

Tiny Living Room Tour


 Our living room is tiny.  I knew the first time that I
looked at it, it would be a challenge.  A positive is the
large archway leading in from the dining room.  It keeps
the l.r. from appearing too closed off.  The chairs on either side of the "TV nook"
are the hickory ones on which we had to wage war with wood eating bugs, read about that here. 
And of course we had to battle the ugly eyesore of a bookshelf 
which you can read about here.

 I finally got to hang my large clock made out of junk,
read about how that was made here.

This week we finally got the antique bird prints hung
on either side of the "TV nook".  Hanging anything
on these walls involves using anchors.

 This is the south wall. We have some awesome
artwork, I was glad to have a big wall to display it on.
I had purchased the console table for just a few bucks,
but we had to replace the top.

The whole living room has a tree and bird theme.
Many of our prints are done by a friend of ours (one of his on the right.)
The one on the left was by an artist who came by our booth at an antique
show, he showed us his nest pen and ink, and we ended up trading him for it.

 North wall, which is the front of the house.
You can see the front porch arches out the window.

 Our tiny love seat, lots of togetherness now.
We had to get rid of THREE full-sized couches when we moved here.
I didn't know if I was going to get to keep the coffee table,
it is a hand carved monster.  But paring down the
size of everything else gave us the space we needed for it.
It kind of anchors the room, and continues to be my
favorite piece of furniture.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like what you have done. Good job on all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...