Friday, January 11, 2019

Vintage Danish Marbled Cover Books


 Last Saturday morning my husband told me I should check
garage / estate sales.  I informed him that the first week of January 
was not the optimum time for these, but grudgingly looked at Craigs List anyway.

 You know what comes next, right?
A big old antiques sale about 15 minutes from us,
it was already a couple hours past their opening.

 We still scooped up quite a bit, (more on the rest of the haul later).
One of the items we picked up were these books.
I think they were still there because they were all
written in Danish.
 All with leather spines and corners.

 All with these gorgeous marbled boards (covers).

All written between 1864 - 1940.

All going on ebay this week.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...