Thursday, October 8, 2020

Bathroom Tour Of Stonecrest Cottage

 This will be a small tour, because it is a very small bathroom.

Immediately to the left as you come in is the vanity sink.  We purchased it from Facebook Marketplace for either $30 or $35.  We also purchased the lights on FM, and paid about the same for them -- happily they included 4 edison bulbs (which we all know cost about $10 each.)  I spraypainted the light fixture silver so that it would blend with the rest of the bathroom.  Oak mirror was leftover from my antiques inventory.

The vanity base was not in good shape.
My contractor did some work on it,
and I found a door off of the used cabinet we had purchased for the kitchen.
I painted, distressed and stained the door to give it some character.

Sadly, the $35 for the sink and vanity did not include the faucet.  I found a local goat milk lotion (which goes with the overall farm animal theme.)  And I am a huge fan of Mrs. Meyers products -- so her hand soap and cleaning supplies will be used in the guest house.

Next to the sink is the corner shower.
I like this style because no wet doors swing open to get the floor wet.
And it saves a bunch of space.

To the right of the shower is the toilet.
We started looking for shelves at antique stores,
and then we discovered this little white shelf in our own inventory.

The chicken pic (remember, farm animal theme!) is from a
chicken magazine from 1926.

Whose bright idea was it to use piping for an industrial look?
It would be embarrassing if I had to confess how much just
these two towel racks cost.  

Lastly, to round out the tour is the vintage door.
It was chippy, which I do adore.
But I did not want anyone worrying about lead poisoning.
So I sanded, stained, and used a clear finish on both chippy doors.

2 comments:

  1. I like all of it. Ya'll did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it by emailing Dr Emu through emutemple@gmail.com and that was where I got the help to restore my marriage. WhatsApp +2347012841542
    Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...